Friday, May 13, 2011

Grateful

I'm not sure the word grateful describes the depth of gratitude I feel right now.  Jim and I were so happy to ring in 2011 and put some of the struggles of 2010 behind us.  Little did we know...careful what you wish for...jinxed...whatever you want to call it.  We were met with challenges beyond anything we've experienced.  If you are not up to speed, you can go here:  http://www.carepages.com/carepages/TheGetWellJimFanClub
or here:  https://www.facebook.com/#!/coynefamily.  It continues to be at the forefront of my mind knowing how things could have been.  If the events didn't occur as they did, I truly could still be sitting next to Jim's hospital bed wondering what the future holds. 
It certainly has not been an easy 3 months, but wow! Just wow.  God can really do amazing work.  While 11 weeks ago I didn't know what our life would look like, I may have an even clearer vision now than I did before Jim's stroke.  He's so strong and you know what? So am I.  More than either of us gave me credit for. 
I'm looking forward to summer days with the family, turning 40, maybe some long weekends and lots of time spent in a pool. 
This is truly grand.
Blessings,
Trista

No comments:

Post a Comment